Saturday, November 24, 2012

Absolut (School assignment)

I've been going through my old files trying to find something and I found this instead. I remembering working on this for a digital media class while I was at OCAD. There's stuff that I still like about it: colour palette (thought I cheated a bit since I just dropped a colour overlay after I was finish to make it more yellow) and the graphic line quality, but there are other stuff I think are pretty horrible when I look at it now. First off, the foot just jutting out there feels way too static; I know what I'm trying to show, but honestly it feels really awkward there and then the swirly motion lines are sloppy. I should have used the swirl lines in Illustrator 'cause my free hand for that is awful. I think the other issue is that the bottle shape isn't as obviously. But it's interesting to look at where I came from digitally, pure vector, to something that's a hybrid of vector and textures.