Monday, April 22, 2013

Cancelled (Part 1)



Late last August, I was contacted by Scholastic Education USA (Art Director: Timothy McDonough and Art Buyer: Yvonne Silver)to see if I was interested in illustrating a project for them. I was ecstatic as it's been one of my dream to be published in a book and to work for Scholastic. I grew up reading Scholastic books in elementary school. I said "yes" and started working on the project. The project was to illustrated a series pictures about the sounds that the body makes and why we make them. It was an amazingly fun project as a lot of it was involving facial expression, which can be a bit tricky. Unfortunately, along the way the book was cancelled and I never got a chance to finalize the illustration, which I've show here in the first pass roughs. Though the book was cancelled, I was asked to stay on and work on another title, which I will talk more about tomorrow.