Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dancing Girls


I had the opportunity to help set up and watch the showcase by a program called Roots and Branches. It is a program that teaches Caribbean, African, Hip Hop, classical Indian and Contemporary Dance to kids of various ages. It's more than just a dance program, but a opportunity for kids to learn a part of a culture, the important of communication via dance and to give young people a place to showcase their talents. It's run by a wonderful woman by the name of Tamla Matthews-Morgans, who I can't plug with a website 'cause someone has just been too busy to create one yet, but can be contacted at m_tamla at hotmail dot com. But I was inspired to draw some little dance illustrations. I'm sure my memory has the costumes a bit off so hopefully no one is too offended by this.