Friday, March 28, 2014

Playing Cards



I guess since the cat is out of the bag now, I can mention it here. I spent the tail end of last year and the early part of this year working on a big collaborative project with Jackson Robinson of Kings Wild Playing Card Co. developing a deck of playing cards. It's always been one of my dreams to design a deck of playing cards from top to bottom and it was sure more work than I would ever think it was. But in the end, it was a big learning experience too and I'm glad for it. I grew up around family that enjoyed playing with cards, nothing serious, but always a ton of fun. I've always thought playing card is a perfect fusion of both art, design and functionality. There's an endless possibilities of games in a deck of playing cards.

It's currently in the process of being printed, which has had me really excited. I can't wait to finally hold the deck in my hand. For the moment, I was interviewed at Kardify about myself and the deck known as "The Hive".