Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Inktober 2014

So I am not dead though I should definitely update more. Life has just been life as I'm fond of saying lately, but I decided to participate in Inktober, started by amazing comic book artist/illustrator Jake Parker. It's a great idea and sometimes it's so easy for me to just not be consistent with drawing every day and I just love inking and exploring the medium. I use to think that I've reached a point where I was satisfied with my skills, but looking back at that I was so wrong and it's a stupid mistake to make. I picked up some really nice Japanese cardstock paper that are Hagaki size that's been fun to use and I'm going to regret it when I run out of the paper, but I've got 600 sheets so that's a long way to go. So I'm back with a pigment marker, a grey brush pen, a white gel pen and some metallic markers 'cause they're so very very shiny to have some fun in October.







If anyone is counting, I'm off by one picture. I started bit late and I'm trying to play catch up.