Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Gods

I guess since I mentioned my 4th year Illustration Thesis, I should post some stuff for it. I'm doing the re-imaginging of old gods and new gods (ie. Zeus as an old god and the god of Trains as the new one). I got inspired from the novel American God by Neil Gaiman, who's an amazing author by the way and I really wish there was more novels by him so I can continue to read his works. Here's the roughs for Buddha and the God of Trains (who I still have to name).




.... and yes, he's building the railway from people and that wasn't meant to be a social comment on the railways of the past though I guess it sort of turned out that way.







Buddha is suppose to begging on the subway though I stil have to figure out a way to draw that.

1 comment:

FRANK FIORENTINO said...

i love these characters, especially buddas face, watch out with his ears, they look kinda funny-i know they are supposed to long but they are awkward with the rest of the face. this is the style of what J C was talking about though. AWESOME!