Saturday, January 19, 2008

WAR IS OVER! if you want it






Here's a quick rough of an illustration i'm working on. We're re-interpretting the '69 Ono and Lennon X-mas card with the words "WAR IS OVER! if you want it" on it. So I've got toy robots fighting ... it makes me laugh. Maybe that's how I see wars .. pointless, childish fights, but somehow they blow up (no pun intended) to such great extremes. Wouldn't it be better if world leaders could get together and solve things with a rock'em sock'em robot game? Probably not, but I am entited to my odd odd dreams.

EDIT: I took off the working rough and put up the final (unrevised edition since it hasn't critiqued yet) and I've put up the pencil/ink rough.

EDIT2: Posted up an intentional pixelated variation of the Illustration, i think this is what the prof invisioned/wanted.

No comments: