Monday, January 11, 2010

Warrior Princess



I saw "The Secret of Kells" recently and it really inspired me to go back to drawing more medieval stuff, though it doesn't take me much to start drawing knights and vikings and dragons. The art director for the movie is pretty amazing and they set up a blog about the production of the movie, here. The stylization of the characters were really cool and very graphic, but the textures used made the look of the movie that much more amazing. It really did have the look and feel of an illuminated manuscript. Anyway, back to the sketch. I thought I'd go with something simple and I'll take to a finish and be second finished piece of the year. On a side note, it's been three years and I'm at "currently using 38MB (3%) of your 1024MB". I wonder how long it'll take take to use up that 1 GB.