Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cancelled (part 2)


Yesterday, I talked about the project that got cancelled. Well, I was asked to stick on for another project that would feature half photos and half illustrations. I'd be in charge of the illustrations, which were about eating and how the body digested food. It was another interesting project with it's own challenges of how to show an x-ray of the body without having an x-ray machine there. My originally idea was to blend the needed x-rayed parts (like the bones and other organs) into the body so it sort of popped out, but that idea was turned down. I was requested to just the x-rayed parts instead and have half the body see-through and the other half normal. I honestly like the two different approaches and wanted to try them out in a finalized colour version. Unfortunately, the illustrations for the project was cancelled and the whole book would instead use photos. In a way, I never did fulfil my dream of having a book published though I did get to work for Scholastic (yeah!). All and all, it was an amazing learning experience and I would love the chance to work with Scholastic again.